The main attraction in the Toolstation main ring is the Adrenaline Tour, Quad and Motorcycle Stunt show, starring Jason Smyth. Jason is one of the UK’s leading quad bike and motorbike stunt riders, with many years of experience in top level Motocross. There will be two performances during the day.
Other entertainment throughout the day includes:
- The Sheep Roadshow – Set on its own smaller stage, with four breeds of sheep being introduced onto the stage with music and includes a shearing demonstration. It’s a fun and educational look at sheep and wool.
- Hurdlebrook Guernsey Cows – a brilliant milking demonstration and a chance to meet these beautiful Guernsey cows
- Strawberry Jam the Clown is a cheeky, bright, bubbly, mischievous character. Strawberry performs comedy magic and circus skills shows, including juggling stunt chickens and her magic washing machine!
- Daphne Neville and her otters – learn all about otters!
- The FB Pocket Orchestra – playing around the show ground and taking listeners back to the hot jazz, blues, ragtime & popular dances of the 1920/30s & earlier.
- Dorset Young Farmers Marquee – learn about our local club and watch sheep shearing.
- St Swithun’s Band – The St Swithun’s Brass Band is based in Bridport, Dorset.
- A fun packed Countryside Arena with everything from ferret racing to gun dog displays.
- Jonathan Marshall Horseback Falconry show – during the day in our countryside arena Jonathan’s display combines ancient horsemanship skills with the medieval art of falconry.
- The Melplash Inn – our fabulous public bar hosted by Palmers Brewery of Bridport
- Lots of Hands on activities for children in our Discover Farming and Farmers for the Future marquees
- Cookery Theatre hosting a number of cookery demonstrations throughout the day. Lined up are a number of local food and drink experts who are going to show you how to cook some amazing dishes, how to shake up a cocktail or two, make award winning jam and learn the art of wine tasting.
10 am “A Taste of the Sea” Tony Shaw, Head Chef, Riverside Restaurant, West Bay11 am “Quick Indian Dishes” Helen Choudhury, Chef & Partner, Taj Mahal, Bridport
12 noon “West Country Cocktails” by Bar Managers: Lloyd Brown, Bull Hotel, Bridport, David Smith, Anchor Inn, Seaton, Chris (OC) Kemm, Terrace, Exeter
1pm “Speed Wine Tasting Masterclass” by Mark Banham, Morrish & Banham Wine Merchants, Dorchester
2pm “The craft of Jam Making” by Lou Webb, Partner, West Moors Fine Foods, West Moor
- Traditional Punch & Judy show throughout the day by Peter Maggs, find them by the Craft & Traders marquees
- Fun Fair provided by Edward Danter – one of the leading fun fairs in Britain.
- Horse showing and show jumping
- Heavy Horses and Donkeys
- Livestock classes for cattle, sheep, goats and pigs
- Food Hall packed with local producers all selling their delicious food
- Three huge craft marquees packed with lots traders selling a unique range of handmade goods.
- Homecraft & Horticulture marquees – hundreds of classes to take part in!
- Bees & Honey, Woodcraft, Thatching, Hedge Laying and lots more rural crafts to see!
- Vintage Tractor display
- Over 350 trade stands, HUGE Food Hall, Cookery demonstrations throughout the day
- Hounds and beagles – parade of hounds and a chance to meet these wonderful animals.
- And the highlight of the Show, the parade of award winning animals.